Javier Bardem: "I'm not a Latin lover anymore"
Bardem became famous by playing sex-crazed macho characters in Spanish films such as 'Jamón Jamón' (where he co-starred with his now wife Penelope Cruz) and Pedro Almodovar's 'Carne Trémula.'
Once he set foot in Hollywood, however, his career started to diversify, and he got better and more complex roles such as Cuban poet Reinaldo Arenas in 'Before Night Falls', which got him his first nomination for an Academy Award.
The 41 year-old actor, has something to say about his first Oscar experience and his fellow nominees back in 2001.
"I remember the other four nominees and when they took a photo of us together. Three of them were pretty nice with me, but the other one was a complete asshole" says Bardem.
And even though he doesn't mention names, GQ magazine ventures to speculate that Bardem is referring to Russell Crowe, who eventually won the Oscar for his role in 'Gladiator'. The other nominees that year were Tom Hanks, Geoffrey Rush and Ed Harris.
Bardem also says in the article that he's really excited about his next project, the upcoming Terrence Malick film called 'Tree of Life.'
"I'll start shooting with Terrence Malick. He's not only a director but a poet of cinematography. The words from his speech are immensely beautiful. He's a humanist. I can't say what the movie is about because I don't even know" he says.
In this new film from the acclaimed director of 'The Thin Red Line,' Bardem will be joined by an all-star cast of Christian Bale, Rachel McAdams and ex-Bond girl Olga Kurylenko.
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Alicia Machado: “No estoy enamorada, ¡qué horrible!”
- VIDEO: "Te juro que no lo puedo creer, dice Marisela Demontecristo, ganadora de NBL
- Marisela Demontecristo gana Nuestra Belleza Latina 2013
- Antonio Banderas to Star in Chilean Miners Movie
- LGBT Community in Cuba Celebrates Day Against Homophobia And Transphobia
- Mexican Man is First to Climb Both Sides of Mount Everest in One Season
- Eva sufre "accidente" de vestuario
- Ricky Martin festeja ley antidiscriminación
- Eiza González se muda a los Estados Unidos