The inside scoop behind Shakira's split: fights, jealousy and lawyers
According to sources close to the couple, the real reason behind Shakira and Antonio de la Rúa's split does not have to do with infidelities or conflicts, but something much more important for the singer: having a child.
Through the years, Shakira has said time and time again in interviews that one of her longtime dreams is having children. However, according to our source, her boyfriend - who is also her business manager - gives more priority to her career, the albums and the tours, than to starting a family.
This source, who belongs to the intimate circle of the former couple, assures us that the only times they ever fought was about one thing, and one thing only: about having a baby, because whereas Antonio was not opposed to the idea of having children, he would always convince Shakira to wait until a tour was over, an album was finished or the countless compromises were done with.
This greatly disappointed Shakira, who started to distance herself from her boyfriend, and which caused their relationship to crumble. In fact, the rumors that the singer was having a fling with soccer player Gerard Piqué made Antonio extremely jealous, to which the star reproached him about her frustrated dreams of motherhood.
This has led them to them taking a "break" in their relationship, which according to our source, even though she denies it, is also having repercussions in their working matters.
It seems they already have lawyers on the case, and if their relationship is indeed going to be over for good, Antonio is ready to fight for his share of the earnings of 11 years of work as partner and manager of his estranged girlfriend, one of the most successful pop stars of the past decade. Both sides are to meet as early as next week to start negotiating the division of the assets acquired by Shakira during their time together.
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Víctor Manuelle: "Yo dejo de trabajar y mis hijos no comen"
- Exnovio de Christian Chávez: “La noche del arresto, Christian no estaba en sus cabales”
- Shakira sí regresará a The Voice, dice NBC, y también lo hará Christina Aguilera
- The 6 Things We've Learned From Latina Celeb Authors
- Our 7 Favorite Hollywood BFFs!
- The Rumors Are True: Beyonce is Pregnant with Baby #2!
- ¿Qué harán finalistas de NBL con el premio?
- Eiza González se muda a Estados Unidos
- Juan Luis Guerra aconseja a las parejas