Jon Secada to mentor 'Idol' castoff Jovany Barreto in Miami
The new Miami resident is already taking in the glow of the Magic City and is obviously a bit overwhelmed, tweeting "Man I'm right on the beach and I'm getting to kno[w] ... life we never knew existed, Haha I'm Still alil shocked."
The 23 year old was a top 24 wild card contender but was eliminated. Ironically he didn't make it past the judges after singing an emotional 'One I Love' by his new mentor, Secada, leaving judge J. Lo saying "you did all you could do."
Online gossip mag TMZ reports that Barreto reached out to the singer for some constructive criticism, likely never banking on the fact he might actually get to record with one of his heroes.
"I think he's a very talented singer and can be an asset to the music industry, singing in both Spanish and English," Secada said.
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- William Levy prefiere no usar dobles en La tempestad
- Dulce María: “Tengo novio y estoy viviendo una etapa bonita”
- Jorge Salinas recuperará al cien por ciento la visión de su ojo derecho
- 6 Celebs with Drastic Weight Loss
- Top 10 Latina Summer Beach Reads!
- Zoë Saldaña Explains Sexuality Comments
- Paulina Rubio será jueza de "X-Factor"
- Marc Anthony hace escándalo en Veracruz
- Ricky Martin festeja ley antidiscriminación de Puerto Rico