George Lopez buys championship rings for L.A. school's baseball team
Still, there was an important issue for these students, who mostly come from lower-income homes in this suburban Los Angeles school: they couldn't afford to pay for those championship rings.
And so, the comedian and talk-show host heard about their ordeal, and decided to step forward and pay for everyone's rings.
"It's unbelievable, because the kids couldn't afford it", said San Fernando coach Armando Gomez to the Times.
And why did Lopez made this charitable act? Does he like baseball that much? Turns out the actor attended San Fernando High and for a brief time, was a member of the baseball team himself.
Of course, the victory of the Tigers against Chatsworth High meant a lot to not only the players and the students, but also, one of the school's most famous students.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS STORY?
Here's the video:
And these are the latest pictures of Lopez:
>>>More Latino Celebrity News
- Marc Anthony's reply to J Lo. sex tape questions: Abruptly walk out of interview
- 'Voluptuous' Sofia Vergara ashamed of her boobs?
- ¿Father Alberto Cutie Criticizing Ricky Martin?
- Sofia Vergara cast in sex thriller
- J. Lo practices 'Santeria and black magic,' girlfriend of ex-beau says
- Shakira Goes House Hunting with Pique
- J.Lo and Marc Anthony embark on ambitious quest for 'The Chosen' Latin artist
- Eva and Eduardo return to Miami for a laugh, and some lovin'
- Shakira and Piqué: Kisses and more Kisses
- Eva hits up fans to 'follow' boyfriend Eduardo Cruz
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Víctor Manuelle: "Yo dejo de trabajar y mis hijos no comen"
- Exnovio de Christian Chávez: “La noche del arresto, Christian no estaba en sus cabales”
- Shakira sí regresará a The Voice, dice NBC, y también lo hará Christina Aguilera
- EXCLUSIVE: Prince Royce - “All The Girls Tell Me I Do Well With the Kisses”
- The 6 Things We've Learned From Latina Celeb Authors
- Our 7 Favorite Hollywood BFFs!
- ¿Qué harán finalistas de NBL con el premio?
- Eiza González se muda a Estados Unidos
- Juan Luis Guerra aconseja a las parejas