Police report reveals defiant Paulina Rubio in Miami arrest
AOL Latino gained access to the accident report filed by Miami-Dade Police Officer M. Mercado, in which the details of the singer-actress's altercation with the officers are revealed -- in colorful language.
According to the accident report, when the officer arrived, Rubio, who was not at fault in the accident in which her car was struck by another, was out of her vehicle. The officer asked Rubio for her license, registration and proof of insurance, after which the pop star obliged in search of the documents in the vehicle.
The report explains that because they were in a high-traffic area and close to a gas station, for everyone's safety, the officer instructed the star to step out of her car and onto the sidewalk. Before the officer's request, according to the report, Rubio refused to cooperate and began to make frantic calls on her cell phone.
The officer alleged that he asked Rubio a second time to step out of her vehicle and onto the sidewalk. Rubio again refused, telling the officer in Spanish: "¿Qué coño quieres que haga?... ahora sé por qué a la gente no le gusta la policía de Miami, porque son abusivos."
Loosely translated, Rubio asked the officer "What the f*** do you want me to do? Now I know why people don't like police in Miami. Because they're abusive."
The report says that at that moment, passersby heard the commotion and began to approach the scene. All the while, Rubio continued her barrage of insults.
Before asking Rubio to step out of the car again, he informed her that she would be arrested if she didn't comply. The officer then asked Rubio a third time to step out of the vehicle, to which he was met by yet another refusal and a threat by Rubio. "You're going to regret this. I'm calling my attorney."
The officer then requested backup. An Officer Arzola quickly arrives at the scene and tries to calm Rubio, asking her to please step out of her car. Rubio refuses a fourth time and is told that she is now under arrest for failing to obey an official order.
While handcuffed and held outside the police cruiser, the report says Rubio then begins to shout: "Help me, help me! Look at what they're doing to me ... help! Abusers! You're all a bunch of liars!" Then inside the police cruiser, she continued yelling that they were going to regret it.
An hour later, Rubio allegedly calmed down and apologized for her actions. She tells the officers that she is aware she is under arrest, but that she promised to appear in court because she is breastfeeding her 6-month-old infant.
Apparently her brush with Miami police is now impeding travel to Spain with her husband, Nicolás Colate, because she must appear before a judge. Her arrest was suspended.
What do you think of the pop star's brush with Miami police?
>>>More Latino Celebrity News
- Paulina Rubio resists arrest, verbally assaults Miami police
- Eva Longoria, Eduardo Cruz tour his Madrid stomping ground
- Tom Hanks eats chilis and is the new dancing weatherman of Univision
- Interview: Marc Anthony turns into a cop
- What? Salma Hayek sold burgers on TV as 'Little Red Riding Hood'? Yep, it's true
- Marc Anthony's reply to J Lo. sex tape questions: Abruptly walk out of interview
- 'Voluptuous' Sofia Vergara ashamed of her boobs?
- ¿Father Alberto Cutie Criticizing Ricky Martin?
- Sofia Vergara cast in sex thriller
- J. Lo practices 'Santeria and black magic,' girlfriend of ex-beau says
- Shakira Goes House Hunting with Pique
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- William Levy prefiere no usar dobles en La tempestad
- Dulce María: “Tengo novio y estoy viviendo una etapa bonita”
- Pamela Silva-Conde fue invitada a co-conducir The View
- 6 Celebs with Drastic Weight Loss
- Top 10 Latina Summer Beach Reads!
- Zoë Saldaña Explains Sexuality Comments
- Paulina Rubio será jueza de "X-Factor"
- Marc Anthony hace escándalo en Veracruz
- Ricky Martin festeja ley antidiscriminación de Puerto Rico