Miss Universe 2011: Dazzling costumes show national pride (PHOTOS)
By HIRANIA LUZARDO
AOL LATINO Editor
SAO PAULO – Wednesday was one of those days in which the 89 contestants vying for Miss Universe 2011 got to truly lavish in their beauty and shimmer in every sense of the word. In the early morning hours, from Credicard Hall, every aspirant to the crown donned her most dazzling costume in a true show of color, creativity and, most of all, national pride.
Within the space of four hours, the beauty queens filmed the national costume spectacle, which will be part of the live show on Monday, September 12 at 9 p.m. (EST) on NBC and Telemundo, as the final trials get underway to see who will take the Miss Universe 2011 crown.
Once again, Latina candidates showed they're a force to be reckoned with raising all bets on their reaching the finals. European and African beauties were also standout spectacular representing their countries in the most stunning -- sometimes unusual -- way.
>>>Peek some typically atypical gowns that represent contestants' national identity
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Exnovio de Christian Chávez: “La noche del arresto, Christian no estaba en sus cabales”
- Shakira sí regresará a The Voice, dice NBC, y también lo hará Christina Aguilera
- Colate sobre relación con Alegría Beracasa: No pensaba que iba a ocurrir, pero estoy muy contento
- The 6 Things We've Learned From Latina Celeb Authors
- Our 7 Favorite Hollywood BFFs!
- The Rumors Are True: Beyonce is Pregnant with Baby #2!
- ¿Qué harán finalistas de NBL con el premio?
- Eiza González se muda a Estados Unidos
- Juan Luis Guerra aconseja a las parejas