'Ugly' suit seeks $2M from Salma Hayek?
According to a federal suit Zendel -- a writer/director -- filed the suit, saying specific elements of set, plot and character profiles were culled from a screenplay she initially pitched for a distribution deal with Touchstone Pictures and ABC.
The suit alleges that 'Ugly Betty' producers, including Hayek, used part of the plot from the film 'Controlled Chaos' for several episodes of 'Betty' and that Zendel was never compensated. She is seeking unspecified damages.
'Controlled Chaos' is based on Zendel's 4-year apprenticeship with acclaimed Hollywood director Oliver Stone, working alongside the director as his assistant. Zendel is also the author of 'Hollywood Apprentice: How to Break into Hollywood and Survive the Toxic Boss Syndrome.'
Salma has been extremely busy on her promotional tour for the animated hit 'Puss in Boots,' including a recent appearance in France in which she and her daughter took a fall after an appearance.
The actress was also criticized for failing to appear on a hugely popular Spanish-language morning show filmed in Miami, only to appear at the competitor's with co-star Antonio Banderas. The Telemundo show's renowned host, Maria Celeste Arraras assailed the failure to appear on her 'Al Rojo Vivo, calling it "inconsiderate and disrespectul." The actress instead appeared on Univision's 'Despierta America.'
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Expareja de Christian Chávez: “Christian no tiene dinero y yo lo estaba manteniendo a él”
- ¿Ninel Conde jueza de Mira quién baila? "Es casi ya un hecho", dice Javier Poza
- Malillany Marín sobre Cristian Castro: "Lo quiero mucho, lo admiro, se me hace un chavo excelente"
- The 20 Best Celebs On Social Media!
- Cheech Marin Reveals "I Wanted to Become a Priest" (EXCLUSIVE)
- Jose Canseco Accused of Sexual Assault