Padre Alberto and family to welcome second child
Catholic priest turned-Episcopalian cleric Albert "Padre Alberto" Cutie and his wife, Guatemalan Ruhama B. Cutie, are announcing their second pregnancy. "We consider it a gift from baby Jesus that we are expecting another child at such a special time in our lives," Padre Alberto told Peopleenespanol.com. "It is the best Christmas present we could receive."
The baby, whose sex will be determined mid-January, is the second for the couple, who married in 2009 after the then-Catholic priest broke away from the church to become an Episcopalian and marry his 37-year-old wife. The couple already has a daughter together, Camila Victoria, who is 1. Christian Norton, 17, Ruhama's son and Padre Alberto's stepson, is from a previous marriage.
"Christian is very enthusiastic; he's the first person we told," Padre Alberto said.
The family also has another reason to celebrate this new year. Padre Alberto's second bestseller, 'Dilemma: A Priest's Struggle with Faith and Love,' launches January 3 on paperback after publishing on Jan. 4, 2011.
Cutie caused both outrage and empathy over the Catholic Church's vow of celibacy after images surfaced of him kissing Ruhama Buni Canellis in a public beach in 2009. Cutie took a leave of absence from the church shortly after and was received by the Episcopalian Church, which allows its priests to marry. He has been an Episcopalian priest since May 2010.
About the success of 'Dilemma' he writes:
"There are positive and negative reactions, variations. I speak of the amount of priests that have written me daily, telling me 'We identify with the book, your message and your life.' Some remain in the Catholic church or, like me, serve another church."
>>>More Latino Celebrity News
- Shakira's unforgettable Japanese vacation (Photos)
- 'Ugly' suit seeks $2M from Salma Hayek?
- Latest holiday images of Ricky and boyfriend, Carlos (PHOTOS)
- Maria Conchita Alonso & Sean Penn Get Into Airport Scuffle
- Former Miss Venezuela Eva Ekvall, 28, loses battle with breast cancer
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Tito El Bambino tendrá que presentarse a declarar por supuesta agresión a un menor
- Alicia Machado: “No estoy enamorada, ¡qué horrible!”
- VIDEO: "Te juro que no lo puedo creer, dice Marisela Demontecristo, ganadora de NBL
- Did Jay-Z and Beyonce Get Pregnant in Cuba? Here Are 9 Signs That Point to Yes!
- That's the Way Love Goes: 11 Latino Celeb Make Ups and Break-Ups!
- Antonio Banderas to Star in Chilean Miners Movie
- Eva sufre "accidente" de vestuario
- Ricky Martin festeja ley antidiscriminación
- Eiza González se muda a los Estados Unidos