Ricky Martin to wed boyfriend Jan. 28 in New York
According to Puerto Rican daily El Nuevo Dia, singer Ricky Martin plans to marry boyfriend Carlos Gonzalez on Jan. 28 in New York.
Martin and Gonzalez will presumably wed in the U.S. city, which approved same-sex marriages in June. He obtained Spanish citizenship in November in what was thought to be an effort to marry Gonzalez.
Ricky Martin announced his sexual orientation in March 2010 and has expressed his support for same-sex marriages. The singer also said in June that he favors homosexual marriage in Puerto Rico, where it is still illegal.
"What I want is for them to say no to discrimination so that equality among us human beings may be a reality in my country," Martin said.
Martin, who turned 40 Dec. 24, admitted on March 27, 2010 that he is a gay man, calling his homosexuality "a gift" on his Web page. He has since participated in several events supporting homosexuals, including receiving the Vito Russo prize from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Discrimination (GLAAD) for his promotion of rights equality for the gay community. In his acceptance speech, he also acknowledged his romantic involvement with Gonzalez.
"I only wanted to be free and I can say that today I'm free," Martin said, thanking his "partner, my boyfriend, Carlos. You're the greatest."
Martin has been spending time at his Miami home, celebrating the holidays with his twin sons, Mateo and Valentino, along with Gonzalez.
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Exnovio de Christian Chávez: “La noche del arresto, Christian no estaba en sus cabales”
- Shakira sí regresará a The Voice, dice NBC, y también lo hará Christina Aguilera
- Colate sobre relación con Alegría Beracasa: No pensaba que iba a ocurrir, pero estoy muy contento
- The 6 Things We've Learned From Latina Celeb Authors
- Our 7 Favorite Hollywood BFFs!
- The Rumors Are True: Beyonce is Pregnant with Baby #2!
- ¿Qué harán finalistas de NBL con el premio?
- Eiza González se muda a Estados Unidos
- Juan Luis Guerra aconseja a las parejas