Enrique Iglesias on why he won't marry Anna Kournikova
Singer Enrique Iglesias has been dating retired pro tennis star Anna Kournikova for more than 11 years, so why haven't they gotten hitched yet?
According to an Us Magazine report, Iglesias doesn't feel marriage is necessary to be committed to your partner.
"I've never really thought marriage would make a difference. Maybe it's because I come from divorced parents, but I don't think you love someone more because of a piece of paper," Iglesias told Parade.
"Nowadays, it's not taboo to have kids and not be married," Iglesias explained. "What makes a difference is that you're a good parent, period."
Iglesias, 36, confused fans when he referred to Kournikova, 30, as his wife during a concert in Russia back in April 2011. "It was just to be sweet in the moment," Iglesias told Parade.
"It isn't important to me," Kournikova told Women's Health, agreeing with Iglesias. "I'm in a happy relationship -- that's all that matters."
Tell us, do you agree that you don't have to be married to have children and be in a lasting relationship?
>>> MORE ON ENRIQUE IGLESIAS:
Sopa de Notas
Celestrellas y tu opinión
Add your comments
- Víctor Manuelle: "Yo dejo de trabajar y mis hijos no comen"
- Exnovio de Christian Chávez: “La noche del arresto, Christian no estaba en sus cabales”
- Shakira sí regresará a The Voice, dice NBC, y también lo hará Christina Aguilera
- ¿Qué harán finalistas de NBL con el premio?
- Eiza González se muda a Estados Unidos
- Juan Luis Guerra aconseja a las parejas